I am the University Teaching Fellow in Open Studies and a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, where I conduct research on open education and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
I also currently serve as a Senior Open Education Research & Advocacy Fellow with BCcampus, a Faculty Workshop Facilitator with the Open Textbook Network, and an Associate Editor of Psychology Learning and Teaching. I previously served as an OER Research Fellow with the Open Education Group, a Faculty Fellow with the BC Open Textbook Project, and the Associate Editor of NOBA Psychology.
My professional affiliations include the Association for Psychological Science, the Society for the Teaching of Psychology, the Society for Personality & Social Psychology, the Social Psychology Network, the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sigma Xi, and the International Society of Political Psychology.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Communication, Language
- Group Processes
- Intergroup Relations
- Interpersonal Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Political Psychology
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Jhangiani, R. S., & Biswas-Diener, R. (2017). Open: The philosophy and practices that are revolutionizing education and science. Ubiquity Press. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/bbc. License: CC-BY 4.0
- Jhangiani, R. S., Troisi, J. D., Fleck, B., Legg, A., & Hussey, H. (Eds.) (2015). A compendium of scales for use in the scholarship of teaching and learning. Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Price, P. C., Jhangiani, R. S., & Chiang, I. A. (2015). Research methods in psychology (2nd Canadian ed.). Victoria, BC: BCcampus Open Ed.
- Stangor, C., Jhangiani, R., & Tarry, H. (2014). Principles of Social Psychology (1st international ed.). Victoria, BC: BC Campus Open Ed.
- Dastur, F., Jhangiani, R., & Assanand, S. (2014). Introduction to the special issue: 4th Vancouver international conference on the teaching of psychology. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 13(2), 81-82.
- Jhangiani, R. (2010). Psychological concomitants of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks: A review. Behavioral Sciences of Terorrism and Political Aggression, 2(1), 38-69.
- Jhangiani, R. S. (2016). The impact of participating in a peer assessment activity on subsequent academic performance. Teaching of Psychology.
- Jhangiani, R. S., & Hardin, E. E. (2015). Skill development in introductory psychology. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology.
- Jhangiani, R. S., & Jhangiani, S. (in press). Investigating the perceptions, use, and impact of open textbooks: A survey of post-secondary students in British Columbia. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning.
- Strohmetz, D. B., Dolinsky, B., Jhangiani, R., Posey, D., Hardin, E., Shyu, V., & Klein, E. (2015). The skillful major: Psychology curricula in the 21st century. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology, 1, 200-207. doi: 10.1037/stl0000037
- Suedfeld, P., & Jhangiani, R. (2009). Cognitive management in an enduring international rivalry: The case of India and Pakistan. Political Psychology, 30(6), 937-951.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). Assessing the sincerity of politicians: The case of President George W. Bush. Psicologia Politica, 35, 69-79.
- Jhangiani, R. (2005). An integrative complexity analysis of the nuclear arms race between India and Pakistan. Simons Centre for Disarmament & Nonproliferation Research at the Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Jhangiani, R. S. (2017). Ditching the “Disposable assignment” in favor of open pedagogy. In W. Altman & L. Stein (Eds.), Essays from E-xcellence in Teaching. Retrieved from the Society for the Teaching of Psychology web site: http://teachpsych.org/E-xcellence-in-Teaching-Blog
- Jhangiani, R. S. (2016). Research methods in social psychology. NOBA Psychology.
- Jhangiani, R. S., Green, A., & Belshaw, J. D. (2016). Multiple approaches to open textbook development: Lessons learned from three disciplines. In P. Blessinger & T. J. Bliss (Eds.), Open Education: International Perspectives in Higher Education. Open Book Publishers.
- Jhangiani, R. S., Pitt, R., Hendricks, C., Key, J., & Lalonde, C. (2016). Exploring faculty use of open educational resources at British Columbia post-secondary institutions. BCcampus Research Report. Victoria, BC: BCcampus.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). The new psychology of alliances. In S. A. Renshon & P. Suedfeld (Eds.), Understanding the Bush doctrine: Psychology and strategy in the age of terrorism. New York: Routledge.
- Suedfeld, S., & Jhangiani, R. (2015). What is political psychology? In O. Feldman & S. Zmerli (Eds.), Einführung in die Politische Psychologie [Introduction to Political Psychology]. Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, Germany: Baden-Baden.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Conservation Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Psychology of Genocide
- Psychology of Human Resilience
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
Rajiv S. Jhangiani
Department of Psychology
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
12666 72nd Ave
Surrey, British Columbia V3W 2M8
- Phone: 604-599-3253