I am a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, where I conduct research on open education, the scholarship of teaching and learning, and political psychology.
I am also an Open Learning Faculty Member at Thompson Rivers University, a Faculty Fellow with the BC Campus Open Textbook Project, an Associate Editor of Psychology Learning & Teaching, the Associate Editor of NOBA, the Director of Research, Resources, and Special Initiatives on the Society for the Teaching of Psychology’s Early Career Psychologists Committee, and serve on the APS Teaching Fund Committee.
I am a member of the Association for Psychological Science, the Society for the Teaching of Psychology, the Society for Personality & Social Psychology, the Social Psychology Network, Sigma Xi, and the International Society of Political Psychology.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Communication, Language
- Group Processes
- Intergroup Relations
- Interpersonal Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Political Psychology
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
- Jhangiani, R., & Biswas-Diener, R. (forthcoming). Open: The philosophy and practices that are revolutionizing psychological science and education. Ubiquity Press.
- Price, P., & Jhangiani, R. (2013). Research Methods in Psychology: Core Concepts and Skills (1st Canadian ed.). Victoria, BC: BC Campus Open Ed.
- Stangor, C., Jhangiani, R., & Tarry, H. (2014). Principles of Social Psychology (1st international ed.). Victoria, BC: BC Campus Open Ed.
- Dastur, F., Jhangiani, R., & Assanand, S. (2014). Introduction to the special issue: 4th Vancouver international conference on the teaching of psychology. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 13(2), 81-82.
- Jhangiani, R. (2010). Psychological concomitants of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks: A review. Behavioral Sciences of Terorrism and Political Aggression, 2(1), 38-69.
- Jhangiani, R. S. (in press). The impact of participating in a peer assessment activity on subsequent academic performance. Teaching of Psychology.
- Strohmetz, D. B., Dolinsky, B., Jhangiani, R. S., Posey, D., Harden, E., Shyu, V., & Klein, E. (in press). The skillful major: Psychology curricula in the 21st century. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology.
- Suedfeld, P., & Jhangiani, R. (2009). Cognitive management in an enduring international rivalry: The case of India and Pakistan. Political Psychology, 30(6), 937-951.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). Assessing the sincerity of politicians: The case of President George W. Bush. Psicologia Politica, 35, 69-79.
- Jhangiani, R. (in press). Unleashing openness in the teaching of introductory psychology. In D. Dunn, B. M. Hard, & R. Calfee (Eds.), Thematic Approaches for Teaching Introductory Psychology. Cengage
- Jhangiani, R. (2005). An integrative complexity analysis of the nuclear arms race between India and Pakistan. Simons Centre for Disarmament & Nonproliferation Research at the Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). The new psychology of alliances. In S. A. Renshon & P. Suedfeld (Eds.), Understanding the Bush doctrine: Psychology and strategy in the age of terrorism. New York: Routledge.
- Suedfeld, S., & Jhangiani, R. (in press). What is political psychology? In O. Feldman & S. Zmerli (Eds.), Einführung in die Politische Psychologie [Introduction to Political Psychology]. Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, Germany: Baden-Baden.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Conservation Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Psychology of Genocide
- Psychology of Human Resilience
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
Department of Psychology
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
12666 72nd Ave
Surrey, British Columbia V3W 2M8
- Phone: 604-599-3253