I am a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, where I conduct research on open education, the scholarship of teaching and learning, and political psychology.
I am also an Open Learning Faculty Member at Thompson Rivers University, an OER Research Fellow with the Open Education Group, and an Associate Editor of Psychology Learning & Teaching. I formerly served as the Associate Editor of NOBA Psychology and as a Faculty Fellow with the BC Open Textbook Project
My professional affiliations include the Association for Psychological Science, the Society for the Teaching of Psychology, the Society for Personality & Social Psychology, the Social Psychology Network, Sigma Xi, and the International Society of Political Psychology.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Communication, Language
- Group Processes
- Intergroup Relations
- Interpersonal Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Political Psychology
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Jhangiani, R., & Biswas-Diener, R. (forthcoming). Open: The philosophy and practices that are revolutionizing education and science. Ubiquity Press.
- Jhangiani, R. S., Troisi, J. D., Fleck, B., Legg, A., & Hussey, H. (Eds.) (2015). A compendium of scales for use in the scholarship of teaching and learning. Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Price, P. C., Jhangiani, R. S., & Chiang, I. A. (2015). Research methods in psychology (2nd Canadian ed.). Victoria, BC: BCcampus Open Ed.
- Price, P., & Jhangiani, R. (2013). Research Methods in Psychology: Core Concepts and Skills (1st Canadian ed.). Victoria, BC: BC Campus Open Ed.
- Stangor, C., Jhangiani, R., & Tarry, H. (2014). Principles of Social Psychology (1st international ed.). Victoria, BC: BC Campus Open Ed.
- Dastur, F., Jhangiani, R., & Assanand, S. (2014). Introduction to the special issue: 4th Vancouver international conference on the teaching of psychology. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 13(2), 81-82.
- Jhangiani, R. (2010). Psychological concomitants of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks: A review. Behavioral Sciences of Terorrism and Political Aggression, 2(1), 38-69.
- Jhangiani, R. S. (in press). The impact of participating in a peer assessment activity on subsequent academic performance. Teaching of Psychology.
- Jhangiani, R. S., & Hardin, E. E. (in press). Skill development in introductory psychology. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology.
- Strohmetz, D. B., Dolinsky, B., Jhangiani, R., Posey, D., Hardin, E., Shyu, V., & Klein, E. (2015). The skillful major: Psychology curricula in the 21st century. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology, 1, 200-207. doi: 10.1037/stl0000037
- Suedfeld, P., & Jhangiani, R. (2009). Cognitive management in an enduring international rivalry: The case of India and Pakistan. Political Psychology, 30(6), 937-951.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). Assessing the sincerity of politicians: The case of President George W. Bush. Psicologia Politica, 35, 69-79.
- Jhangiani, R. (in press). Unleashing openness in the teaching of introductory psychology. In D. Dunn, B. M. Hard, & R. Calfee (Eds.), Thematic Approaches for Teaching Introductory Psychology. Cengage
- Jhangiani, R. (2005). An integrative complexity analysis of the nuclear arms race between India and Pakistan. Simons Centre for Disarmament & Nonproliferation Research at the Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Jhangiani, R. S. (2016). Research methods in social psychology. NOBA Psychology.
- Suedfeld, P., Tetlock, P. E., & Jhangiani, R. (2007). The new psychology of alliances. In S. A. Renshon & P. Suedfeld (Eds.), Understanding the Bush doctrine: Psychology and strategy in the age of terrorism. New York: Routledge.
- Suedfeld, S., & Jhangiani, R. (2015). What is political psychology? In O. Feldman & S. Zmerli (Eds.), Einführung in die Politische Psychologie [Introduction to Political Psychology]. Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, Germany: Baden-Baden.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Conservation Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Psychology of Genocide
- Psychology of Human Resilience
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
Rajiv S. Jhangiani
Department of Psychology
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
12666 72nd Ave
Surrey, British Columbia V3W 2M8
- Phone: 604-599-3253